Jeff Edwards, Vian, OK, is an award winning Cherokee Graphic Artist who has worked for the Cherokee Nation for over 11 years. He is a language activist working with Education Services Language Technology Group and has worked on numerous projects that have projected the Cherokee language into the global spotlight.
He attended Haskell Indian Nations University in Lawrence, KS and is currently attending Northeastern State University in Tahlequah for his Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design.
His artwork is almost exclusively Cherokee themed and he prefers using the Cherokee syllabary opposed to English to promote the Cherokee language and likes using old cultural concepts but expressing them with modern electronic tools.
Tribal Affiliation: Cherokee Nation
Jeff Edwards’ Art Gallery
Whether you’re interested in placing a custom order, commissioning a piece of art, or just want to let the artist know how much you love their work — this form’s for you.
Awards & Honors
- First Place, Trail of Tears Art Show 2015, Cherokee Heritage Center, Tahlequah, OK
- Judges Choice, Trail of Tears Art Show 2014, Cherokee Heritage Center, Tahlequah, OK
- First Place, 2014 Santa Fe Art Market
- Best In Division, 2014 Santa Fe Art Market
- Third Place, Cherokee Art Market 2013, Tulsa, OK
- Honorable Mention, Holiday Art Show at the Armory 2013, Tahlequah, OK
- Honorable Mention, Trail of Tears Art Show 2012, Cherokee Heritage Center, Tahlequah, OK
- Best In Show, Holiday Art Show at the Armory 2012, Tahlequah, OK
- First Place, Holiday Art Show at the Armory 2012, Tahlequah, OK
- Best In Division, Cherokee Art Market 2011, Tulsa, OK