Cherokee Links & Resources
Federally Recognized Cherokee Tribes And Bands
Cherokee Rolls & Tribal Membership
Cherokee Genealogy Books & Bookstores
Cherokee Maps And Lands
General Cherokee Genealogy
General American Indian Genealogy
• Access Genealogy Native American Resources
• Cyndi's List: Native American
• The African - Native Genealogy Homepage
• Twin Territories: Oklahoma-Indian Territory Project
• A Guide to Native American Genealogy
• Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!
• Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet
• Genealogy Archives
• Mailing Lists at RootsWeb.com
• Oklahoma Vital Records
• The USGenWeb Project
• Trail Of Tears National Historic Trail
• Cherokee Messenger: Brief History of The Trail of Tears
• North Georgia: Trail of Tears
• The People's Path: Cherokee Culture Library
• Cherokee Timeline 1450-1838
Cherokee Syllabary & Fonts
Cherokee Language Lessons & Vocabulary Words
History of the Cherokee Language
Movies & Music
• FAITA: First Americans in the Arts
• NAMA: Native American Music Awards
• Native Americans in the Movies: A Bibliography of Materials in the UC Berkeley Library
• Stepfanie Kramer - Official Page
• Tommy Wildcat
• Rich-Heape Films
• Wes Studi - Official Page
Genealogy Discussion Lists
The following mailing lists are free discussion groups who correspond via email. These lists have been created for the discussion of Native American genealogy. Read the descriptions for each mailing list to determine which lists are right for you. Each link leads to a Rootsweb.com page that details how to join that list. You can join any of the lists.
• CherokeeGene-L -- A Yahoo E-Groups mailing list for anyone interested in Cherokee genealogy.
• CHEROKEE-L -- A mailing list for the discussion of Cherokee history and culture. Please use the related CherokeeGene mailing list described below for genealogical discussions.
• NA-CHEROKEE-FREEDMAN -- A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in the Cherokee Peoples listed as Free.
• TSALAGI-L -- A mailing list for the discussion of Cherokee history, culture, and genealogy.
• Attakullakulla-L -- The ancestors and descendants of Attakullakulla, Chickamauga Cherokee, also known as the Little Carpenter and White Owl, and related lines. Of special interest is information about lines in east and south Tennessee and northeast Alabama (i.e., Watts, Webber, Jordan, Siniard, Leach, Ford).
• FIVECIVILTRIB-L -- Anyone who is researching the Five "Civilized" Tribes (i.e., Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Seminole, Creek).
• OK-NATIVEAMERICAN-L -- A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in the Indian Tribes who resided in the Indian Territory and the state of Oklahoma.
• GA-NATIVEAMERICANS-L -- A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Native Americans in Georgia.
• NA-FAMILY-LEGENDS-L -- A mailing list for anyone who is researching families with legends of Native American ancestry.
• TSALAGI-MB-L -- Cherokee/Mixed-Blood ancestry of what is now known as the United States Of America. A genealogy mailing list for those who are seriously interested in keeping Cherokee culture, heritage traditions alive in a modern day society.
• MIXED-BLOODS-L -- Indigenous/Mixed-Blood ancestry of what is now known as the United States Of America. This mailing list has great emphasis on the findings of the "Hidden Heritage". If you are searching for the truth regarding your mixed-blood ancestry, then this is the right path for you. All colors of the Rainbow are welcome here.
• MIXED-MARRIAGES-L -- Native American and African American, Inter-Marriages, and the hidden culture/ancestry which so many of us didn't realize existed and still currently exists in today's society. This mailing list has great emphasis on the findings of the inter-marriages/heritage of the original inhabitors. If you are searching for the truth regarding an Inter-Marriages, then this is the right mailing list for you.
• GRANNYS-NA-PANTRY-L -- A mailing list where Native American people can share recipes, remedies, memories, and stories of what their grannys taught and contributed to their families. List topics will include how clothing, cookware, utensils, basket wares, weaving, and anything related to the work of our Native American cultures and families traditions.
March Featured Items
Cherokee Roots: Eastern (Volume 1)
This volume indexes those Cherokee living east of the Mississippi River, and were recorded on the eastern Cherokee rolls.
Cherokee Roots: Western (Volume 2)
This volume indexes those Cherokee living west of the Mississippi River, and were recorded on the western Cherokee rolls.
Footsteps of the Cherokee
Divides the Cherokee's Eastern homeland into 19 geographical sections, exploring them with photos and text of many of the historic sites.
All Things Cherokee has helped thousands of families with their Cherokee genealogy research. We offer tons of free information as well as genealogy services to help you find answers to your genealogy questions.